Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Small Town Festival


Every St. Patrick's Day weekend, our town has a big festival.  There's a stew cook-off, dog show, costume contests, and beauty pageants.  A parade, highland games, stock car races, a karaoke contest, a rodeo and a carnival.  It's a pretty big deal for a small town!  We didn't get to alot of it, because we were busy having a yard sale, but we did get to some of it!  I thought I would share some photos from a small town festival!  These are some of the things I love about a small town.

As soon as the sun came up, there were trucks and trailers and horses everywhere!  The parade started at the football field right across from our house, so we got to watch all the riders get ready!


Then my hubby handled the yard sale so I could take Chance to the parade.  There was the Dr Pepper truck...



The bikers...


The firetrucks...


The little Vaqueros...


And the bigger ones...This horse was gorgeous!


And of course, we love our Veterans!


And our farmers...


And here are the brave Scots who played the Highland Games...


And a clown...


And little princesses waving at big ones. :)


This picture had some color issues I couldn't fix, so I made it black and white.  I thought Chance's expresssion was adorable!  Of course he was part of the scramble to get the candy all the floats tossed out, so he was pleased with his sucker. :)


Then later, my husband took Chance to see the Highland Games.


Lots of men in Tartan!


And they do some really crazy stuff...






Then we all went to the carnival and had a good time!  I know it's a big waste of money, but it's worth making memories sometimes!  Chance had never been to a carnival before, and he had some gift money burning a hole in his pocket. :) 

So we blew some money on carinval food...





And Rides...









Altogether, we had a great day...the small town sort of way!

No comments:

Post a Comment