Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

I know it's been too long since I posted my last recipe!  I am still up in South Dakota, and enjoying every minute of it, except for the fact that I caught a cold up here.  So between being busy and being sick, I haven't had much time to blog!  Sorry!

Here's a simple and comforting recipe for the beginning of Autumn!  My mom used to make this when we were growing up, and my older brother once ate 21 of these meatballs!




Sweet and Sour Meatballs

1 1/2 pounds hamburger 
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion

Sauce:

3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons vinegar
1/2 cup water
1 cup catsup

Preheat oven to 350° F.  Mix first 6  ingredients together.  Form into loose balls and place in a single layer in a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.  Mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.  Spoon or pour the sauce over the top of the meatballs.  Bake for 1 hour.

I hope you enjoy these!  I will try to return with another post sooner rather than later! :)

3 comments:

  1. Love this recipe. I got it from your mom years ago and make it quite a bit! Everyone likes these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good! I hadn't made it in several years, then Nathan served it to me, and I've made it a bunch of times lately! It's great to freeze, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel!!
    Just wanted to let you know that I used this recipe last night for the 4 of us and it was a big hit, so I think it is a keeper in this family!! :) as you may remember 1 member in our family is a bit hard to please, so it is great when we find a recipe that everyone likes!
    Say? Have you tried the 6 week Bran muffin recipe? It's healthy and yummy too? I can send it to you if you wish!

    ReplyDelete