Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Carrot Soufflé

Here is the recipe I promised y'all!  Sorry it took me so long to get it posted...there is a reason for that.  Sweet potatoes are on sale for 16¢ a pound so I stocked up and bought over 20 pounds.  I figured I would cook them and then freeze them so we could enjoy them for a while!  So yesterday I washed them and pricked them and rolled them in aluminum foil to bake.  If any of you have baked sweet potatoes, you know what a mess they can make in your oven!  So...I had to scrub out my oven before I could bake my carrot soufflé!

This is a recipe that one of my friends used to bring to our Sunday potlucks often.  When she moved away, I made sure that I had the recipe!  Now I bring it to potlucks every once in a while and it has become a Thanksgiving tradition.  There have been a few people that haven't tasted it because they thought they wouldn't like it.  But I have yet to meet a person that has tried it that hasn't loved it!  Even people who don't like carrots...or vegetables of any kind for that matter, love this.  It's sweet and yummy and is flavored with cinnamon.  So if you want a lot of compliments this Thanksgiving, bake up this little treat!




Carrot Soufflé

1 16 ounce package baby carrots
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

Boil carrots in water for 20 -24 minutes or until they are tender.  Drain well and cool.  Process carrots and eggs in blender until smooth.  Add remaining ingredients and process again until well mixed and smooth.  Pour into a greased 8 inch by 8 inch baking dish.  Bake at 350º for 55 to 60 minutes or until set in the middle.  The soufflé should rise in the oven, but it will fall within minutes of taking it out.

I generally serve this warm with chicken or turkey, but it's also great with other meals and even good cold!  I hope you enjoy!  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Another delectable dish for me to try out! And PS - I almost can't stand to look at that picture! Chance is so cute eyeing that souffle!

    ReplyDelete