Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Apricot Mandarin Chicken

Here's a warm comforting recipe for a chilly day!  This is a great recipe for when you need a quick meal.  I usually have all these ingredients on hand in my freezer or pantry, so this meal only takes about half an hour or less to make.  It's great served over white rice, but I opted for healthier brown rice this time.



Apricot Mandarin Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2-4 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon oil

Sauce:
1 cup orange juice
1/2 cup apricot jam or preserves
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey

1 or 2 cans mandarin oranges

Mix the flour, salt and pepper together.  Rinse, trim, and chunk chicken breasts, and dredge in flour mixture.  Brown in oil in a large frying pan. Meanwhile, mix the sauce ingredients together, withholding the oranges.  Pour over chicken and bring to a boil.  Continue cooking for 5 to 8 minutes, until chicken juices run clear and sauce is thickened.  Add oranges and heat through.  Serve over hot rice.

I like the oranges, so I usually add two cans.  Sometimes I am tempted to double the sauce recipe because it is so yummy!  I hope y'all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment