Friday, August 13, 2010

Make Your Own Finger Paints

Chance and I had an afternoon with not much to do, so I decided to make him some finger paints. I looked up several recipes, but I decided on a cooked one since I figured that would have a smoother texture.  It ended up a little thicker than I had hoped, so next time I might add a little more water.




Chance had so much fun helping me make the paints and add the coloring, not to mention painting!




And even though the paint was a little thick, it made wonderful squishy goo to squeeze between his fingers!




I even had fun trying a little artwork.  :)




Fingerpaint

1/2 cup cornstarch
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups cold water
food coloring

In a suacepan, combine all ingredients except the food coloring.  Cook and stir over medium-low heat until paint thickens and becomes opaque.  This can take 10 to 15 minutes.  You don't want to turn the heat too high.  Remove from stove and cool.  When it's cool, divide if you wish to make different colors.  Add food coloring as desired.  I added about 5 drops per color.  Have fun!




Another thing about this paint is that it is very washable!  And every mother knows that's a very good thing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment